Career Education Corporation, a major for-profit higher education chain, on Thursday announced the sale of its European education properties to a private equity firm. The company said it expects to receive $277 million in cash for the deal, which includes all of the for-profit's international schools division. Career Education's share price shot up 51 percent after it announced the news.
- For-profit chains announce a new wave of closures and sell-offs
- The End of 'Hypergrowth'
- Correction: Looking West
- Sell-Off at Career Education
- Harkin releases critical report on for-profits
- Rasmussen College Proves Bigger Isn't Always Better
- For-Profit Seal of Approval
- Another Move From Public to Private
Search for Jobs