As his lawyers warned he would, Evan S. Dobelle sued Westfield State University trustees and other officials Thursday challenging his being placed on leave a week ago, Masslive reported. Dobelle's lawsuit -- which follows Westfield State's decision last week to push him out amid allegations of misspending of state money -- accuses several trustees and the state's commissioner of higher education, Richard M. Freeland, and others of conducting a "guerrilla war" to force him from his job.
- Five-time president in hot water again, suspended by board following accusations of lavish spending
- In fifth presidency, Evan Dobelle faces many allegations that ended his fourth
- Quick Takes: Alleged Conflicts of Interest at Cambridge College, Call for Reform in Engineering, $2.5M for Dorm Death Suit, Big Bond Plan for Virginia, New Member for 5 Presidencies Club, Progress for New Jersey's Medical University
- This Course Brought to You By....
- Massachusetts higher ed officials want a half billion dollars and better respect
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories