- Quick Takes: Judge Rejects SUNY Albany's Student Fee Rules, Barber-Scotia Staff Down to 1 Employee, New USAID Program, Merger Plans Discouraged in Maine, Strike at Le Moyne Student Paper
- Quick Takes: President Accused of Harassment Quits, 14 Arrested in Bishop State Inquiry, Evaluations Sought for Science Education, Consortium to Move From Austin to Albany, Kennedy Alleges Conflicts of Interest in Reading Program, Enrollment and Aid Data
- Quick Takes: Oversight of For-Profits in Calif., 30 Years for Killers of Vermont Anthropologist, San Diego Deal Probed, Eastern Ore. President Quits, Mixed Ruling on Student Press Case, Surge in Female Enrollment at RPI, Europe Extends Exchange Efforts
- Fighting to Keep a Medical Center Public
- New Presidents or Provosts: Andrews U., Central Missouri State U., Colorado Christian U., Colorado State U.-Pueblo, Finlandia U., Fulton-Montgomery CC, Kutztown U., Rollins College, Upstate Medical U.
David R. Smith, his compensation under investigation, is resigning as president of the State University of New York's Upstate Medical University, The Syracuse Post-Standard reported. SUNY placed Smith on leave this week to review compensation issues that were later reported to involve unauthorized payments he was receiving from two companies. The Albany Times-Union reported that the payments were discovered when a search firm was vetting Smith for the presidency of Pennsylvania State University. In a statement, Smith said he would cooperate with the inquiries and that he was resigning his position "to avoid further distraction for the university from its important mission."
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories