- Australian government considers cutting higher ed regulation
- Why We Should Talk About the Football Coach's Salary When Faculty are Let Go
- Coach's shove of player renews debate about conduct of athletic officials
- Quick Takes: Deadly Shooting in Montreal, $5.25 Million Settlement in Mankato Crash, Expense Report Brings Down Omaha Chancellor, Fact Finding at Eastern Michigan, Approval for Founders College, CUNY's Largest Gift, College Football's Tonya Harding?
- A Former Coach's New Play
Eastern Michigan University fired Ron English as football coach after a tape surfaced of him yelling at team members in a tirade with numerous expletives and insults, The Detroit News reported. Heather Lycke, the athletics director, issued a statement on the dismissal Saturday: "We hold our coaches and staff to high standards of professionalism and conduct and there is no place, particularly in a student environment, where the language is appropriate. The statements made by Coach English are absolutely unacceptable. My decision to make a change in leadership of our football program was the culmination of a lot of factors including the comprehensive review of our program, the competitive performance and this tape."
The Detroit News article linked to above includes a link to a censored version of the recording.
The Eastern Echo, the student newspaper at Eastern Michigan, has released an uncensored version of the recording.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories