- New Presidents or Provosts: Cambridge College, Capella U., Jefferson College, Winston-Salem State U.
- New Programs: Biotechnology, Construction, Aviation MBA, Aviation Safety, Health Care Administration
- New Presidents or Provosts: Adirondack CC, Argosy U./Chicago, Assumption College, Central Carolina Technical College, Cheyney U. of Pennsylvania, Southwest Virginia CC, U. of Nebraska-Omaha
- New Programs: Mechatronics, Science and Society, Exercise Science, Engineering, Criminal Justice, International Relations, Sound Recording
- Newly Tenured ... at California State San Bernardino, Valparaiso, Winston-Salem State
The Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association on Friday called off its football championship game for the year after the quarterback for Winton-Salem State University was allegedly assaulted by players for Virginia State University, The Winston-Salem Journal reported. One Virginia State player has been arrested and Winston-Salem officials said that more may have been involved. A statement from the conference said that it has barred the Virginia State football team from postseason play. Keith Miller, president of Virginia State, issued this statement: "Virginia State University has indefinitely suspended a member of the VSU football team. Further, VSU will pursue a thorough internal investigation into Friday’s incident of which the findings and recommendations will be reported directly to me. We will include both students and alumni in this internal investigation process. Based on the report, further disciplinary action may be forthcoming. Playing on a VSU athletic team is a privilege. Student-athletes who fail to live up to the ideals of our institution will forfeit that privilege. We have a zero tolerance policy toward acts of violence, on or off campus, and we take that policy very seriously."
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories