A Delaware State University who was suspended after being accused of rape and subsequently cleared of criminal charges is suing the institution, several administrators and his accuser under civil rights laws, the Delaware Online reported. 21-year-old Andre L. Henry is at least the seventh person to take an institution to court after being disciplined for sexual assault. Inside Higher Ed reported in August an apparently new trend of men suing under Title IX, the same federal statute that women point to when alleging campuses failed to protect them from sexual assault. This week, Bloomberg reported that the number of lawsuits had grown to a half-dozen.
- Forty years after first female cadets, service academies still exempt from Title IX
- Accused of rape, men allege discrimination under Title IX
- Students accused of sexual assault struggle to win gender bias lawsuits
- Feds Say UVa Mishandled Sexual Violence Cases
- Essay defending OCR letter on colleges and sexual assault
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories