The University of Iowa has turned down a request from HBO to film "Girls" on campus, The Iowa City Press-Citizen reported. Hannah Horvath, the lead fictional character in the show, has recently been accepted to Iowa's very real Writers Workshop. But details of the plot lines that would be pursued at Iowa were not available, and university officials declined to elaborate on why they turned down the request.
- Long Distance Mom: Mean Girls and Boobs
- Quick Takes: Bush Proposes Education Accounts for Gulf Coast Workers, Judge Dismisses ITT Suit, Voters Approve Bonds for Kirkwood CC, Setback for North Dakota on Mascot, $200 Million for African Universities, Student Health in Canada
- Quick Takes: Slushy Drinks and Student Loans, $400M in Loans for Black Colleges, Lehigh Vice Provost Arrested, Bomb Threat at Rider, Girls Found to Gain From High School Sports, Fallout From Gift Flap, NCAA Punishes Oklahoma, Cap on Residents' Hours
- Quick Takes: Minimal Free Speech Win at Delaware, Unusual Approach to Paying Tuition, Lonely Protest in Single Tree, Corn-Eating: Speed Over Volume
- Judge declares mistrial in suit by conservative over being passed over for law professor job
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories