Timothy P. Slottow is the next president of the University of Phoenix, the large for-profit institution announced on Tuesday. Slottow is currently executive vice president and chief financial officer for the University of Michigan. Phoenix has hired a leader from traditional higher education in the past. Even so, Slottow's jump across sectors is certain to raise eyebrows.
Also on Tuesday, the Apollo Education Group, which owns Phoenix, announced it had received a subpoena from the U.S. Department of Education's Office of Inspector General about "information relating to marketing, recruitment, enrollment, financial aid processing" and other activities conducted by one of the university's regional offices.
- Students Occupy Dartmouth President's Office
- Students with disabilities frustrated with ignorance and lack of services
- Education Department rulemaking panel OKs new set of campus safety rules
- Charleston Faculty Senate Votes No Confidence in Board
- New default rates trip up a community college
- Would-Be Athletes' Union Loses a Lobbyist
- Cengage Learning emerges from bankruptcy with focus on digital growth
- Cuomo: Private Funds Will Be Used for Prison Education
Search for Jobs