- New presidents or provosts: DMACC FIU Iona North Seattle Phoenix Trinity Western Cape
- Essay by the University of Phoenix's new president on quality at the for-profit
- Apollo hires Jane Oates, former Labor Department official
- Quick Takes: Apollo Profit Rises, Tex. Colleges Lose Vanity Plates
- Quick Takes: Impact of Race and Class on College Advice, SEC Probe of Apollo, Recruiting in For-Profit and Nonprofit Higher Ed, Civil War Is Back at LSU, Kent State Lifts Facebook Ban, Latin American Studies Group Moves Meeting, Paying for a Gehry
Timothy P. Slottow is the next president of the University of Phoenix, the large for-profit institution announced on Tuesday. Slottow is currently executive vice president and chief financial officer for the University of Michigan. Phoenix has hired a leader from traditional higher education in the past. Even so, Slottow's jump across sectors is certain to raise eyebrows.
Also on Tuesday, the Apollo Education Group, which owns Phoenix, announced it had received a subpoena from the U.S. Department of Education's Office of Inspector General about "information relating to marketing, recruitment, enrollment, financial aid processing" and other activities conducted by one of the university's regional offices.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories