The U.S. Senate's Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) on Wednesday announced that it had approved Portia Wu as assistant secretary of labor for employment and training. Wu is a lawyer who previously worked for the committee. She replaces Jane Oates, who left the Labor Department last year and is now vice president for external affairs at the Apollo Education Group, which owns the University of Phoenix.
- Medical faculty at U. Texas campus oppose presidential tenure 'vetoes'
- Scrutiny of 4-Year Programs at Former 2-Year Colleges
- Education Department releases default data on controversial Parent PLUS loans
- Senate Panel Moves on Work Force Bill
- Apollo hires Jane Oates, former Labor Department official
- New Federal Oversight Proposed for For-Profit Colleges
- Students Arrested at UC Santa Cruz Strike
- Universities should create a sports performance degree for athletes (essay)
Search for Jobs