The U.S. Senate's Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) on Wednesday announced that it had approved Portia Wu as assistant secretary of labor for employment and training. Wu is a lawyer who previously worked for the committee. She replaces Jane Oates, who left the Labor Department last year and is now vice president for external affairs at the Apollo Education Group, which owns the University of Phoenix.
- Apollo hires Jane Oates, former Labor Department official
- Congress to Colleges: Bush Budget is DOA
- Federal Cooperation
- Gainful employment debate aired out in The New York Times
- In gainful employment fight, for-profits make familiar arguments against different landscape
- Next Steps for Harkin and For-Profits
- Is Job Training Zero Sum Game?
- Senate Passes Perkins
Search for Jobs