First Female Lay President for Jesuit College
April 4, 2014
Linda Le Mura, provost of Le Moyne College, will be named today as the institution's next president. She will become the first female lay president of any of the 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States.
- New Presidents or Provosts: Carlow U., Franklin Pierce U., Le Moyne College, Rend Lake College, Simmons College, Solano CC, Spartanburg Methodist College, Wheaton College (Mass.)
- Catholic colleges getting used to presidential spouses
- Catholic colleges worry as number of female presidents falls
- Quick Takes: Columbia's $400M Gift, Widener and Capella Place Officials on Leave, Students Detained in Venezuela, Indian Court Backs Scholar, Title IX Settlement, Prof's Parody Fails in Iceland, Jesuits Tap Le Moyne President to Start African University
- Converts to Leading Women's Colleges
- New Presidents or Provosts: Bethany College (Kan.), Capital U., Christian Brothers U., Hampden-Sydney College, West Chester U.
- New presidents or provosts: Alexandria Appalachian Concorde F&M Notre Dame (Md.) St. Benedict SFXU SLU
- What Harvard's Choice Means
Search for Jobs
Chestnut Hill, MA
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
North Dartmouth, MA
Cedar Rapids, IA
Established in 1926 as part of the Tyler Public School System, Tyler Junior College gave residents of the Tyler area access to higher education ,...
Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College is a member of the American Association of Community Colleges and is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of...