- Quick Takes: Davenport Closes Campuses, 5 Professors Win Pulitzers, Bankruptcy for Private Loan Guarantor, Tenure News on YouTube, Champions in Chess and Mock Trial
- Quick Takes: Supreme Court Lets Stand Ruling on False Claims, Washington U. Wins Battle Over Tissue, SAT Delay, Board Votes to Fire Texas Southern Chief, California Salary Reforms, Clark Atlanta Settlement, Scholars Win Pulitzers, Nude Art Ban
- "Play the Doggone Rhythm," by Art Homer
- The Writer's Writer
- Quick Takes: Rollins Drops Admissions Test Requirement, Scholars Win Pulitzers, 24 Community Colleges Added to 'Achieving the Dream'
Academics Win Pulitzers in Arts and Letters
April 15, 2014
Academics were among the winners of Pulitzer Prizes announced Monday:
- Dan Fagin, associate professor of journalism and the director of the Science, Health, and Environmental Reporting Program at New York University, won the award for general nonfiction for Toms River: A Story of Science and Salvation, (Bantam Books).
- Megan Marshall, who teaches in the M.F.A. program at Emerson College, won the award for biography for Margaret Fuller: A New American Life (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt).
- Vijay Seshadri, who teaches poetry and nonfiction writing at Sarah Lawrence College, won the award for poetry for his collection 3 Sections (Graywolf Press).
- Alan Taylor, the Thomas Jefferson Professor of History at the University of Virginia, won the history award for The Internal Enemy: Slavery and War in Virginia, 1772-1832, (W.W. Norton).
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories
Port Arthur, TX
Dallas Nursing Institute has been developed with the premise that students deserve a quality institution as they begin their quest for a professional...
In the spring of 2005, the Georgia Legislature and the Board of Regents approved a bold and progressive plan to create the first new state college in...