- 3 white students at San Jose State charged with tormenting black roommate
- Report offers more information on harassment of black student at San Jose State
- Essay: College presidents are in denial about state of race relations
- Essay on Supreme Court decision on affirmative action
- Expert on race relations discusses numerous incidents on campuses this fall
San Jose State University has been taking a number of steps in the wake of the shock and anger over last fall's incident in which a black student was tormented for months by his suitemates. A special panel was charged with recommending ideas on how to promote a more racially inclusive and non-discriminatory environment and last week it issued its final list of ideas. Among them: create a new office of diversity engagement and inclusive excellence, conduct a campus climate survey every other year, study why graduation rates are low for black and Latino male students and develop a plan to reverse the trend, and require all students to take a diversity and ethnic studies course.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories