- Even healthy universities make big changes to free up funds for priorities
- Social web info overload: Summify may provide balance
- With Budget Crunch Hitting IT, Time to Rethink Role?
- Obama vows to 'shake up' higher education and find new ways to limit costs
- New York U. hires Oxford leader as its new president
Authorities arrested 18 students Wednesday who refused to leave the area of the president's office at the University of Texas at Austin, The Austin American-Statesman reported. The protest was over a "shared services" plan in which certain functions that have been performed at the departmental level will instead be centralized. The plan is expected to save a lot of money, and also to eliminate many jobs. The university released this summary of the plan and its rationale, noting that it has not been finalized.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories