Syracuse University has fired a tenured male professor for a consensual relationship with a female undergraduate, The Post-Standard reported. The university did not identify the professor, but said that, in violation of university policy, he taught, advised and supervised the student during the relationship. The professor was fired on the recommendation of a faculty review panel.
- A Career Ends at Syracuse
- Quick Takes: Jury Orders HP to Pay Cornell $184 Million, Disputed Report at WVU, No Confidence at Monroe CC, Bush at Furman, Facebook Snooping at Seattle U.
- Quick Takes: Judge Rejects SUNY Albany's Student Fee Rules, Barber-Scotia Staff Down to 1 Employee, New USAID Program, Merger Plans Discouraged in Maine, Strike at Le Moyne Student Paper
- NCAA asks colleges to prohibit romantic relationships between athletes, coaches
- Professor Quits Amid Charge of Improper Relationship
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories