- Essay says the 'pay it forward' plans for free tuition aren't free and will hurt students
- U. of California Press builds open-access publishing model around 'paying it forward'
- Oregon plan would shift tuition payment to after graduation
- Britain's Answer to 'Who Pays?'
- New report calls for income-based repayment system that operates like payroll taxes
A method of financing public higher education by allowing students to forgo upfront tuition payments in exchange for repaying a portion of their wages after graduation has captured the imagination of lawmakers in several states, but an analysis by the American Association of State Colleges and Universities argues that it would be bad for colleges, students and ultimately state taxpayers as well.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories