The board of Howard University has tapped the interim president, Wayne A.I. Frederick, to take on the position on a permanent basis. Frederick holds three degrees from Howard. He was 16 when he first enrolled, traveling from his native Trinidad, seeking a career as a physician. At Howard, Frederick taught in the medical school and was a surgeon at the hospital before rising through the ranks of academic administration. The historically black university has struggled financially in recent years. In an October interview with The Washington Post, Frederick expressed confidence that the university was working through its financial difficulties.
- New presidents or provosts: Baker Chestnut Dixie Erskine Howard Siskiyous UCSF
- President announces unexpected resignation at Howard U.
- Howard spends big on administrator bonuses, then announces austerity measures
- Colleges announce commencement speakers
- New Presidents or Provosts: Argosy U.-Chicago, Florida A
- Questions about faculty list at new university
- In two weeks, more than a dozen campuses targeted by threats of violence
- 'In Search of the Talented Tenth'
Search for Jobs