The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has sued Harold Washington College for age discrimination against a 66-year-old adjunct English instructor, The Chicago Tribune reported. The suit says that, when the woman applied for a full-time position, she was passed over in favor of candidates who were younger and lacked her qualifications. A spokeswoman for City Colleges of Chicago, of which Harold Washington College is a part, declined to comment.
- Recent legal cases point to link between anti-adjunct bias and age bias
- Essay on age discrimination in faculty hiring
- Age, Experience and Bias
- Age Bias or Anti-Adjunct Bias?
- Is Hyde Park the New Cambridge (for Mocking Liberal Academics)?
- Women Need Not Apply?
- Training the Next Generation
- Tenure Denied, and Accusations Fly
Search for Jobs