The College of Charleston has fired Doug Wojcik as head men's basketball coach amid investigations into allegations that he was verbally and physically abusive to players, The Charleston Post and Courier reported. The coach has denied the allegation. The college fired him "for cause," meaning that it will try not to pay the $1.2 million Wojcik would be owed for the last three years of his contract.
- Quick Takes: Cuomo Expands Probe, Lawmakers Sound Alarm on Loans, Fresno State Appeals, Push to Reverse Alabama Reforms, Fisk Eliminates Athletics, NCAA Penalties for Texas Christian
- Quick Takes: Blackboard-WebCT Merger Faces Antitrust Probe, NCAA Will Investigate Correspondence High Schools, Shimer May Move to Chicago, Blackface at Stetson, Blog Gets Miami Student Booted From Dorm, John Silber Looks Back
- Quick Takes: IRS May Expand Probe, Revival Hopes for Antioch, Students and Stimulus Package, Using Debt to Recover, NC Central to Pay $1.1M, UDC Plans Community College, Reform Ideas for Michigan Athletes, Absent at NCAA Meeting, Florida State's 'The'
- Quick Takes: FEMA Head's Faculty Job Doubted, Colorado Clarifies Churchill Probe, Black Enrollment Drop at U. of Ky., BU Bars Company, Lawrence Athlete Drowns in Practice, Young Innovators
- Quick Takes: Kalamazoo Scholarships, Illinois Mascot, Intellectual Property in Kansas, Minority Fellowships Challenged, Fraternities and Race, Panel Members Quit Churchill Probe, Williams Students Criticize Painting, Does Princeton Have Stolen Art?
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories