November 13, 2011
UVenus Around the Web:
- At Prof. Janni Aragon’s Blog, Janni gave us a Challenge Update (find out more about the UVenus challenge here.)
- At Prattle Nog, Melanie Booth explains how she is using Learning Visits to meet the UVenus Challenge.
- Teach or perish: early career academics need course design experience: Afshan Jafar with UVenus at The Guardian (UK).
What’s New With Our Writers:
- Janni Aragon is representing the Political Science department for the 50th Anniversary Planning events at UVIC.
- What Not To Do - Afshan Jafar with Career Advice at Inside Higher Ed.
- The Northwestern News Network interviewed Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe about Northwestern’s Fulbright success.
- Anamaria Dutceac Segesten is currently a visiting scholar at the Chinese University of Hong Kong, where, among others, she held two lectures, one on Globalization and Europe, the other about the New Security Agenda/Human Security. She will be in Hong Kong for another week. (challenge)
Our Writers At Other Blogs:
- Lee Skallerup Bessette at College Ready Writing with: “Or Related Discipline...”: Who Gets to Teach? Who Gets on the Tenure Track; I’m a Swiss Army Knife; and Changing Course.
- Melonie Fullick posted a Canadian higher education news round-up for October 2011, at Speculative Diction blog.
- Janni Aragon was thinking about relationships on her blog this week with Managing the Workplace and Managing People.
- Liana Silva wondered if she could pass down to her daughter her love for reading at Words Are My Game.
Read more by
Opinions on Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Blog U
What Others Are Reading