Commencement Speakers Announced: Clarkson, Clayton State, College of Charleston, Hartwick, Hood, Lynn, Macalester, Montclair State, Shenandoah, Spelman, Virginia Commonwealth, Whitworth
April 26, 2012
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2012:
- Clarkson University: David G. Nathan, president emeritus of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute; Radovan Stanislav Pejovnik, rector of the University of Ljubljana, in Slovenia; and George C. Schatz, the Charles E. and Emma H. Morrison Professor of Chemistry and of Chemical and Biological Engineering at Northwestern University.
- Clayton State University: Andrew Young, former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.
- College of Charleston: Arlinda Locklear, a lawyer who has been an advocate for Indian tribes.
- Hartwick College: Kathy Ordoñez, senior vice president for discovery and development at Quest Diagnostics and president of Celera.
- Hood College: Bill Strickland, president and CEO of Manchester Bidwell Corporation.
- Lynn University: Peter Diamandis, chairman and CEO of the X PRIZE Foundation.
- Macalester College: Jack Weatherford, DeWitt Wallace Professor of Anthropology at the college.
- Montclair State University: Victoria Reggie Kennedy, a lawyer and president of the Board of Trustees of the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate.
- Shenandoah University: Nikki Giovanni, the poet, author and professor at Virginia Tech.
- Spelman College: Oprah Winfrey, the media magnate.
- Virginia Commonwealth University: J.C. Watts Jr., former U.S. congressman from Oklahoma
- Whitworth University: Jena Lee Nardella, co-founder of Blood:Water Mission.
Search for Jobs
Southern New Hampshire University is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited university with an 80-year history of educating successful professionals...
The Fashion Institute of Technology is a State University of New York college of art and design located in New York City. In 1951, it became one of...