April 26, 2012
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2012:
- Clarkson University: David G. Nathan, president emeritus of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute; Radovan Stanislav Pejovnik, rector of the University of Ljubljana, in Slovenia; and George C. Schatz, the Charles E. and Emma H. Morrison Professor of Chemistry and of Chemical and Biological Engineering at Northwestern University.
- Clayton State University: Andrew Young, former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.
- College of Charleston: Arlinda Locklear, a lawyer who has been an advocate for Indian tribes.
- Hartwick College: Kathy Ordoñez, senior vice president for discovery and development at Quest Diagnostics and president of Celera.
- Hood College: Bill Strickland, president and CEO of Manchester Bidwell Corporation.
- Lynn University: Peter Diamandis, chairman and CEO of the X PRIZE Foundation.
- Macalester College: Jack Weatherford, DeWitt Wallace Professor of Anthropology at the college.
- Montclair State University: Victoria Reggie Kennedy, a lawyer and president of the Board of Trustees of the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate.
- Shenandoah University: Nikki Giovanni, the poet, author and professor at Virginia Tech.
- Spelman College: Oprah Winfrey, the media magnate.
- Virginia Commonwealth University: J.C. Watts Jr., former U.S. congressman from Oklahoma
- Whitworth University: Jena Lee Nardella, co-founder of Blood:Water Mission.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
What Others Are Reading