Commencement Speakers Announced: Bethany, Bishop State CC, Boston U., Campbell, City Colleges of Chicago, East Stroudsburg, Harvey Mudd, Lindsey Wilson, St. Lawrence, U. of Notre Dame, U. of Pikeville, Villanova, Washington College, Wheaton
May 9, 2014
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2014:
- Bethany College: Tom Ridge, former U.S. secretary of homeland security.
- Bishop State Community College: Rod Risley, executive director and CEO of Phi Theta Kappa.
- Boston University: Governor Deval Patrick of Massachusetts.
- Campbell University: Karen McNeil-Miller, president of the Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust.
- City Colleges of Chicago: Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook chief operating officer and author of Lean In.
- East Stroudsburg University: James Franklin, head football coach at Pennsylvania State University, and Sam Niedbala, president and CEO of CryoConcepts.
- Harvey Mudd College: Beth Shapiro, associate professor of ecology and evolutionary biology at University of California at Santa Cruz.
- Lindsey Wilson College: Dumitru Dorin Prunariu, the former Romanian cosmonaut.
- St. Lawrence University: Grace Potter, the musician; Susan A. Talve, founding rabbi of the Central Reform Congregation in St. Louis; and Donald K. Rose, who led the university's board from 2008 to 2013.
- University of Notre Dame: Rev. Dr. Ray Hammond, founder of Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church, in Boston.
- University of Pikeville: Governor Steve Beshear of Kentucky.
- Villanova University: Jill Biden, a professor and wife of the vice president.
- Washington College, in Maryland: Jo Ann Jenkins, executive vice president and chief operating officer of AARP.
- Wheaton College, in Massachusetts: Johnnetta B. Cole, director of the Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of African Art.
Search for Jobs
North Adams, MA
St. Louis, MO
New York, NY
Port Arthur, TX
North Carolina Central University is the first publicly supported liberal arts college for African-Americans, and this year, U.S. News & World...
John Jay College is both an internationally recognized leader in scholarly research on criminal justice and a premier academic institution whose...