March 16, 2016
The following colleges have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2016:
- Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences: David Stack, chairman and CEO of Pacira Pharmaceuticals.
- DePauw University: Tavis Smiley, the talk show host.
- Hamilton College: Peter Thiel, co-founder of PayPal.
- Harvard University: Steven Spielberg, the filmmaker.
- Iona College: Robert Greifeld, CEO of the Nasdaq stock market.
- Lasell College: Steve Grossman, chief executive officer of the Boston-based Initiative for a Competitive Inner City.
- Linfield College: Michael Lindblad, the 2015 Oregon Teacher of the Year.
- Randolph-Macon College: Haywood A. Payne Jr., a businessman.
- Southwestern University, in Texas: Janet H. Brown, executive director of the Commission on Presidential Debates.
- St. John Fisher College: Edward Stack, chairman and chief executive officer of Dick’s Sporting Goods.
- Tulane University: Hoda Kotb, co-host of NBC’s Today show.
- Woodbury University: Eugene A. Blefari, leader of the Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices real estate brokerage network.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading