Chris Hardy finished all of his courses at Brigham Young University, but he has been denied a degree and recently lost his appeal of that decision, all due to a calendar he created. The Associated Press reported that Hardy was found to have violated the university's honor code because he created "Men on a Mission," a beefcake calendar featuring men in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. That action was not consistent with the honor code's requirements that Hardy live "a chaste and virtuous life," according to the letter denying Hardy's appeal.
- Column on Gay Marriage Prompts Dismissal
- Quick Takes: Call to Reform Engineering Education, Yale Rejects 'Score Choice' on SAT, English Class Robbery, Ontario Union Adjusts Boycott Stance, Data on Study Abroad, Mormon Shift at U. of Utah, $245,000 to Teach a Single Course
- New Honor Codes for a New Generation
- Quick Takes: Princeton Considers Pre-Enrollment Service Year Abroad, Alternative Education Master's Degree, Mormon Studies, Where Engineering Grads Are and Aren't, Science in '08, Anything to Sell a Book
- College sells painting for $25 million to build endowment
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories