Rhode Island authorities have charged John Dawson, who was fired as associate dean of continuing studies at Roger Williams University, with stalking faculty members, in connection with letters and postcards he sent them, The Providence Journal reported. Dawson, who could not be reached for comment, allegedly sent letters with various accusations, some of them including sexually explicit language, to about 40 faculty members -- sometimes trying to make it appear that the materials were sent by other faculty members. In one case, he wrote a letter to the editor of the Journal, harshly attacking state judges, and signed an administrator's name. The letter was printed.
- President Repays University for Flying Wife to Campus
- State Court Invalidates Land Transfer to U. of Alaska
- What kind of resources do colleges provide to students with complaints?
- Harvard Takes a Hit
- Gates's Own Brain Drain
- Earlham tries to reach consensus after students present list of diversity requirements
- Small Group Learning for 14,000 Undergrads
- Free, But at What Cost?
Search for Jobs