The Foreign Relations Authorization Act, introduced Thursday by Rep. Howard L. Berman (D-Cal.), chair of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, includes a bill of great importance in the study abroad field. The Senator Paul Simon Study Abroad Foundation Act aims to quadruple study abroad participation to one million, and diversify study abroad in terms of who participates and where they go. The Simon bill was introduced in the U.S. Senate in February.
- Failed Attempt at Easing Study in Cuba
- A Steroid Bill Snags Colleges
- Playing Offense, Not Defense
- Senate Strands Study Abroad Bill
- Thousands More Iraqi Students Abroad?
- Study Abroad Isn't Just for White Students
- Tight Budget in the House
- Minnesota, N.Y. bills would require colleges to disclose more about study abroad programs
Search for Jobs