The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas is receiving a $100 million gift from former Texas Gov. Bill Clements, The Dallas Morning News reported. Not only is the gift a large one for this period of economic uncertainty, but there are no restrictions on the use of the gift -- and gifts of that size rarely come without any stipulations.
- Quick Takes: N.Y. Passes Lender-College Law, New Orleans Colleges Report Good Admissions Season, Rules Proposed for Military Recruiting on Campuses, Leadership Changes at Ohio U., $100M for U. of the Pacific, Pledge on Environmental Research
- Quick Takes: Clinton's Latest Plans, Progress for Latino Students, Noose on Prof's Door, Nobel in Chemistry, Contract Approved in Pa., Vote of No Confidence at Antioch, Minority Football Hiring, $2B Plan in Mass., $100M for MIT, UK Science Faulted
- Quick Takes: SMU Faculty Splits on Bush Center, More Scrutiny on Lender, Ex-Instructor Admits Fraud, Open Source Project, Study on Possible Alumni Cancer Cluster, GAO on Overhead, $100M for Psychiatric Research, Nobel Theft, Booze and Vomit at Cambridge
- Quick Takes: Stanford Professor Sues Over Horowitz Book, $100M for Supercomputing at RPI, Fines Over 'Brokeback' Hazing, No More Flags at UT-Arlington, Legendary Student Avoids Graduation Again
- Quick Takes: Replies on Earmarks, $100M for Yeshiva, Universities Praise Picks for Panel, Strike Suspended at Eastern Michigan, Elite Colleges Urged to Diversify High Schools, Grants for Black Colleges, Stanford Bans Drug Company Gifts, Hack at MIT
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories