- CourseSmart, the publishing industry's e-textbook provider, acquired by Vital Source
- Can Symtext Disrupt the Textbook Market?
- Recalibrating Expectations for eTexts
- Startup challenges textbook market by packaging open access materials
- From Consulting to Publishing: 4 Questions for Cengage Learning's William Rieders
Cengage Learning said Thursday that it would become the first higher education publisher to let students rent as well as buy print textbooks directly from the source. Cengage said it would transform its existing online platform, known as iChapters, into a broader site that would allow students to rent print textbooks at 40 to 70 percent off retail as well as purchase print and digital texts and other materials. Publishers have been exploring a range of ways to enter the burgeoning market for renting textbooks.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories