- Changing the 'hook-up culture' conversation on college campuses
- Quick Takes: Judge Rejects SUNY Albany's Student Fee Rules, Barber-Scotia Staff Down to 1 Employee, New USAID Program, Merger Plans Discouraged in Maine, Strike at Le Moyne Student Paper
- Study find erosion of double standard on students and sex
- The Sociology of 'Hooking Up'
- The True Significance of 'Gainful Employment'
The notion of stimulus funds for a sex study was too much for The New York Post and some Republicans to pass by, so now a Syracuse University professor is the latest social scientist to have his work get a little extra scrutiny. The National Republican Congressional Committee is urging scrutiny of a stimulus grant given to Michael Carey, a psychology professor, to study trends in hook-ups of freshmen women, The Syracuse Post-Standard reported. Carey told the newspaper that he applied for the grant -- focusing on the public health issues involved -- before stimulus funds even existed, and that the research was never sold as an economic development measure.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories