The board of Missouri Southern State University has renewed the contract of Bruce Speck, the president, and also told him he must improve his relations with faculty members, The Joplin Globe reported. Board leaders said that they were aware of the plans of faculty leaders to call a vote of no confidence, and wanted to see faculty-administrator relations improved. The board urged Speck to “renew efforts to improve relations with the faculty and to address faculty concerns in terms of leadership, management and judgment without retaliation,” according to a statement.
- New Presidents or Provosts: Central CC (Neb.), CC of Denver, Erie CC, Johnson C. Smith U., Missouri Southern State U., Rogers State U., Shippensburg U., U. of Arkansas-Fayetteville, U. of Tennessee Health Science Center, Wesley College
- Quick Takes: Tight State Budgets, New Rules Considered on Human Subjects, Ex-Employees Charged With Stealing From Tufts, Big Gifts, U.S. Rules on Loan Programs, Updated 2-Year College Bill in Missouri, Assistant Coaches Without Rights, A Criminal Past
- Broken Whistle?
- AAUP Reports Condemn Felician, U of Southern Maine
- Quick Takes: Jury Awards $5.85M to Fired Coach, Wellmark Withdraws Gift, NLRB Win for Some Grad Students, Conflicts and Conferences, Mizzou Salaries, Interim Chancellor for Calif. 2-Year Colleges, Fayetteville State Chancellor Quits, Lost and Found
- Debate renews over Confucius Institutes
- Dealing With Fine Print
- Protests over campus race relations spread to more campuses
Search for Jobs