The Carnegie Corporation of New York is honoring four college presidents with "academic leadership" grants of $500,000 each to support academic initiatives at their institutions. The winners are: Leon Botstein of Bard College, Scott Cowen of Tulane University, Amy Gutmann of the University of Pennsylvania, and William E. Kirwan of the University System of Maryland.
- Good Seats, Hard Sell
- New Presidents or Provosts: College of Mount Saint Vincent, Sul Ross State U., U. of Georgia, West Virginia U.
- Florida Keys President Quits
- British Debates Over Higher Ed Sound Familiar
- Carnegie Honors Presidents of Miami Dade, Maryland-Baltimore County
- Quick Takes: Obama on Education, Iowa's Floods, Kennedy Urges Community Colleges to Join Direct Lending, Staff Votes for Union at Marymount Manhattan, Carnegie Honors Chancellors of Berkeley and Syracuse
- Carnegie Honors 4 College Presidents
- New Chief for Mellon
Search for Jobs