King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia has removed from a key position a cleric who recently criticized a new university for enrolling both male and female students, AFP reported. The cleric had called the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology's policy "evil." No reason was given the for the king's removal of the cleric, Sheikh Sa'ad al-Shethry, from the council that sets religious policy for the country.
- President of KAUST says he won't criticize Saudi policies
- Should Western colleges do business in Saudi Arabia?
- From Bay Area to Red Sea
- KAUST criticized for not doing enough for Saudi students
- Saudi Arabia's Extravagant Investment in Higher Education: Is Money Enough?
- WikiLeaks memo sheds new light on 2012 cheating scandal involving Saudi students
- Unveiling Talent
- Church and State
Search for Jobs