- Should Political Science Be Relevant?
- Winthrop board moves to fire president days after report about her husband being paid
- A Journal's Second Thoughts
- New Presidents or Provosts: Adirondack CC, Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, College of Staten Island, Diablo Valley College, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical U., Indiana U. at Bloomington, Michigan Tech U., Mohawk Valley CC, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Proposal: A Hall of Femmes for Women in Academia
The 2009 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economics will be shared by Elinor Ostrom and Oliver E. Williamson. Ostrom, professor of political science and professor at the School of Public and Environmental Affairs, both at Indiana University at Bloomington, was honored for "her analysis of economic governance, especially the commons." She is also the founding director of the Center for the Study of Institutional Diversity, at Arizona State University. Williamson, professor emeritus of business, economics and law at the University of California at Berkeley, was honored "for his analysis of economic governance, especially the boundaries of the firm."
Ostom is the first woman to win the Nobel in economics.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories