The University of Minnesota has apologized to Pennsylvania State University for the actions of Goldy Gopher, a mascot, that were seen as insensitive, ESPN reported. Goldy Gopher -- seen in a video on YouTube -- saw a Penn State player praying on the field before last weekend's game between the two university's squads. Goldy Gopher then got on its knees to pray, a move seen as mocking the praying player. A Minnesota spokesman said: "We have reiterated to Goldy the importance of exercising appropriate religious sensitivity in the future."
- 'Saving Alma Mater'
- Online and in Exile
- Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word
- Mediocre? Not Us!
- Are Today's Grads Unprofessional?
- New Presidents or Provosts: Carl Sandburg College, Del Mar College, Lambuth U., Montana State U., Montserrat College of Art
- Professor Dies From H1N1 Complications
- Student Bludgeoned to Death in Dorm Room
Search for Jobs