- Presidential Doppelgängers Tweet
- When Bitter Bargaining Bleeds Over
- New Presidents or Provosts: Adams State College, Anna Maria College, Antioch U. Seattle, Caltech, Clackamas CC, Denison U., Teachers College, U. of New Hampshire, Wake Forest U.
- 5 Duquesne Basketball Players Shot
- A look at the three university research efforts White House says can contribute to combatting sex assaults
Mark W. Huddleston, president of the University of New Hampshire, last week published a letter in the student newspaper raising questions about how a number of students saw - and did nothing -- during an assault on a fellow student on Halloween night. "We are a community. That means we are supposed to look out for and take care of one another. That didn’t happen Saturday night," he write. "Indeed, aside from the terrible injuries our student suffered, what disturbed me most was the fact that many people observed the assault and did nothing. Absolutely nothing. That is not how a healthy community behaves. While I certainly don’t want anyone to put themselves in harm’s way to break up a fight, choosing to walk past, to stop and observe, or just to ignore an altercation is unacceptable. It takes only a moment to call the police. Such a call can even be made anonymously. Remember: This 21-year-old student is not simply a statistic or a name on a police report. He is someone’s son, roommate and friend. What if he was yours? What if you were he?"
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories