An anonymous donor to Chemeketa Community College, known as "The Investor," has given nearly $300,000 over the last two years to support prison education programs. A feature article in The Oregonian details the impact of the gifts. Since Congress barred the use of most federal student aid for prison education, programs have dwindled. According to the article, the donor has no personal or family history with being in prison, and believes the education programs are an important investment in the community.
- Euthanized Research Project
- Oxford Revises Process for Electing Poetry Professor
- Northeastern Adjusts Signature Co-op Program
- Congressional Negotiators Reach Deal on Spending Bill
- 'Where is Knowing Going?'
- In the Midnight Hour
- New Presidents or Provosts: College of Charleston, Delaware State U., Linn-Benton CC, Saint Xavier U., Southern Illinois U. at Carbondale
- Accrediting Decisions in Southern Association
Search for Jobs