An anonymous donor to Chemeketa Community College, known as "The Investor," has given nearly $300,000 over the last two years to support prison education programs. A feature article in The Oregonian details the impact of the gifts. Since Congress barred the use of most federal student aid for prison education, programs have dwindled. According to the article, the donor has no personal or family history with being in prison, and believes the education programs are an important investment in the community.
- Donor dependent Bard College faces the future
- A Call to Arts
- New York governor looks for private money to educate prisoners after heat over public financing
- New York's governor wants to pay for prisoners' college education
- Essay urges people to applaud Harvard's fund-raising success
- 'Scoreboard, Baby'
- Contract renewal for adjunct with criminal past raises academic freedom concerns at Illinois
- Quick Takes: Research Misconduct, Quincy President Sues, Reverse Discrimination Verdict, Jump in College Savings
Search for Jobs