The new career path for athletics director of big-time programs is in the business world, not college sports, The New York Times reported. The article examines a string of hires -- most recently the new director of the University of Michigan's sports program, who is moving there from being chief executive of Domino's Pizza -- that reflect the shift.
- A Dish Best Served Cold
- Science Funding Gets a Boost
- Online Cure for the Nursing Crisis
- The Education Exception
- Pulling Back From 'No Loans'
- U. of Michigan Athletics Director Resigns
- Colleges turn to athletics directors with business backgrounds, but results vary
- Highlighting Berkeley, paper explores academic damage of expanding, independent athletics program
Search for Jobs