President Obama this week named the members of his administration's Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues, including a number of academics. Obama had earlier named Amy Gutmann, president of the University of Pennsylvania, to be chair and James W. Wagner, president of Emory University, to be the vice chair. The additional academics named to the commission are:
- Anita L. Allen, the Henry R. Silverman Professor of Law and professor of philosophy at the University of Pennsylvania Law School.
- Barbara Atkinson, executive vice chancellor of the University of Kansas Medical Center.
- Nita A. Farahany, associate professor of law and philosophy at Vanderbilt University.
- Stephen L. Hauser, the Robert A. Fishman Distinguished Professor and chair of neurology at the University of California at San Francisco.
- Raju Kucherlapati, the Paul C. Cabot Professor in the Harvard Medical School Department of Genetics.
- Daniel Sulmasy, a Franciscan friar who holds the Kilbride-Clinton Chair in Medicine and Ethics in the Department of Medicine and the Divinity School and is associate director of the MacLean Center for Clinical Medical Ethics at the University of Chicago.
- Ethics Questions at Bioethics Journal
- Glenn McGee raises a storm in the bioethical world
- In wake of controversy over Harvard dissertation on race and IQ, scrutiny for Michigan State researcher
- New Presidents or Provosts: Bucks Cambridge Commonwealth IGNOU Arizona UTMB
- New presidents or provosts Alfred State Idaho Penn St. Brandywine St. Francis SMSU Southern Utah Florida
- New Presidents or Provosts: Dartmouth College, Notre Dame de Namur U., Salve Regina U., Tusculum College, U. of the Pacific
- Truth, Lies and Rankings
- New Presidents or Provosts: Andrews U., Baruch College, Florida Atlantic U., Longwood U., Medical College of Georgia, U. of Montreal, SIT/World Learning
Search for Jobs