A number of for-profit colleges are recruiting in homeless shelters, helping people there apply for federal grants and loans -- loans that they will be unlikely to repay when many them never advance far in their programs, Business Week reported. The article notes that these students are among those sending for-profit enrollments skyrocketing, with large shares of the costs (and the institutions' revenue) coming from federal funds.
- What Harkin Wants
- Drake College of Business to close doors at end of July
- Essay proposing changes in federal treatment of military education benefits
- 3 Million and Counting
- Closer Look at 'Gainful Employment'
- Concessions or a Cave-In?
- Is the Bloom Off the Rose?
- More for-profit colleges would fail 90/10 rule if veterans benefits are included, analysis shows
Search for Jobs