John D. Mazzuto has been charged with stock fraud -- including his handling of stock in his company that he then donated to Yale University for its baseball team, The New York Times reported. According to authorities, the stock fraud included giving away stock in ways that inflated the value of the stock. Officials said that Yale, while benefiting from the alleged scheme, was not part of it or aware of what was going on. A Yale spokesman told the Times that the university was "holding the donation aside" at this time. Yale sold the stock in question for $1.5 million.
- California's Deal With Kaplan
- New Presidents or Provosts: Carleton College, Cloud County CC, College of Santa Fe, Garrett College, McNeese State U., Peace College, Pueblo CC, Rice U.
- Credit for Teaching
- School's (Not) Out for Summer
- Trying to Heal at Erskine
- Education Leaders Look to House for Funding Help
- Judge Lifts Ban on Publishing Article on Wyoming College
Search for Jobs