The parents of Anastasia Megan, 13, have filed a complaint with the U.S. Education Department charging that Lake-Sumter Community College, in Florida, is engaged in illegal age discrimination by denying Megan admission, The Orlando Sentinel reported. Megan has been home-schooled and her parents say that she is done with high school work and ready for more advanced instruction than they can provide. The college, while declining to discuss the case specifically, has raised the issue of safety, noting that its campus is open to anyone, and that students are generally adults.
- Too Young for College?
- Florida Starts Performance Funding for State Colleges
- Another College Goes Test-Optional on Admissions
- Virginia Grants Aid to Home-Schooled Students
- Florida community college faculty contracts again under review
- Hood and Regis Colleges Go Test-Optional
- Prepaid Tuition for Community College
- Opting Out
Search for Jobs