Financial considerations are driving talk of realignment among college sports conferences outside the high-profile Bowl Championship Series leagues, too -- but in different ways. The Associated Press reports that several Arkansas colleges that belong to the Division II Gulf South Conference are contemplating leaving and teaming up with Oklahoma institutions that are now in the Lone Star Conference. The Arkansas colleges are citing escalating travel costs within the Gulf South, which stretches east to Georgia.
- Cutting Community College Athletics
- 'Financing Higher Education Worldwide'
- The White Noise of Accountability
- Conference Merry-Go-Round: Conference USA, Mountain West Plan Merger
- 'Bad Apples' or Something More?
- Standardization and Savings
- Questions About BP Gift to Cambridge
- Court Reinstates $277M Judgment Against U. of Phoenix
Search for Jobs