Financial considerations are driving talk of realignment among college sports conferences outside the high-profile Bowl Championship Series leagues, too -- but in different ways. The Associated Press reports that several Arkansas colleges that belong to the Division II Gulf South Conference are contemplating leaving and teaming up with Oklahoma institutions that are now in the Lone Star Conference. The Arkansas colleges are citing escalating travel costs within the Gulf South, which stretches east to Georgia.
- Football Bowl Games: View From the Sidelines
- Calls for major reform of college sports unlikely to produce meaningful change
- Coaching salaries rising up to 10 times faster than instructional salaries
- The Great Conference Confusion
- 'Integrating the Gridiron'
- They Chose Division II, but Why?
- College football playoff could mean philosophical, practical shift from BCS
- Baylor U facing questions over handling of sexual assault involving football player
Search for Jobs