Small College in Mississippi Will Close
July 14, 2010
Wesley College, a small Mississippi institution, is closing, The Jackson Clarion-Ledger reported. The college has about 140 students most semesters, and has been struggling with debt from a new dormitory and drops in donations.
- Race and Power in Mississippi
- Quick Takes: U. of Chicago's Darfur Investments Criticized, 'Donations' for Fla. Chancellor Questioned, Nudity Cover-Up at Malone, Donor's Name Will Disappear, Aid Officers' Group Urges Help for Lenders, Study Finds Gender Bias in UK
- Student arrest and protest raise questions over campus sagging-pants ban
- Quick Takes: Churchill Inquiry Nears Finish, Shoreline Community College President Quits, Iowa Employees Reject Union, Miss. Delays New Tax on Student Meals, Back-to-College Spending Is Up
- Quick Takes: Remark Costs Instructor a Job, Gender Gap in Salaries, Suit Against Western Ky. Blocked, Hunger Strike Ends at Stanford, Tensions at Miss. Valley, End of Career Education Probe, Prof Accused of Hoax, Clark and Bancroft Awards
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories
Orange County Community College has touched the lives of countless numbers of the county’s 350,000 residents through its credit programs, non-credit...
Founded in 1871 as a school for teachers, Geneseo has evolved into one of the premier public liberal arts colleges in the country. Located on 220...