The U.S. Justice Department has sued Maricopa County Community College District, charging it with illegal discrimination by requiring non-citizens to produce more work authorization documents than are required, the Associated Press reported. U.S. citizens have not faced the additional requirements. A district spokesman declined to comment on the suit.
- Stuck in the Middle
- All In the Delivery
- After nearly 15 years, Education Dept. revives fines against two institutions
- Essay criticizes Education Dept. approach to sexual harassment
- Education Dept. Whistle Blower Sues to Recoup Funds from Lenders
- Quick Takes: Firebombs at 2 Santa Cruz Homes, Trustee Dates Administrator, Researcher Faces Deportation, Scrutiny of Stanford, Education Dept. Faulted, Texas Southern Loses Suit, Faculty Union Sues Over Raises, Bible College Feud, Turmoil in Newfoundland
- 'American Universities in a Global Market'
- Win for Researcher Rights
Search for Jobs