The U.S. Justice Department has sued Maricopa County Community College District, charging it with illegal discrimination by requiring non-citizens to produce more work authorization documents than are required, the Associated Press reported. U.S. citizens have not faced the additional requirements. A district spokesman declined to comment on the suit.
- Quick Takes: Firebombs at 2 Santa Cruz Homes, Trustee Dates Administrator, Researcher Faces Deportation, Scrutiny of Stanford, Education Dept. Faulted, Texas Southern Loses Suit, Faculty Union Sues Over Raises, Bible College Feud, Turmoil in Newfoundland
- After nearly 15 years, Education Dept. revives fines against two institutions
- Essay criticizes Education Dept. approach to sexual harassment
- Quick Takes: U. of California Ordered to Repay Millions, Supreme Court Rejects Appeal on Controversial Statue, MIT Will Match Pell Grants, Education Dept. Urged to Improve Grant Process, Strike Halts Most Classes at Ontario Community Colleges
- Education Dept. Suspends Grants to Christian College
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories