Some students charge that the University of California at Los Angeles is effectively ending its Islamic studies program, by failing to move quickly on a pledge made in 2007 to reorganize it, the Los Angeles Times reported. The pledge was made at a time that admissions to the program were suspended. On Friday, students held a protest, carrying signs that said "Scared of Islam? Learn about it." Faculty leaders say that they are working to revive the program.
- So Far, So Good
- Over It Yet? Privacy, That Is
- New Programs: Biomedical Engineering, Urban Planning, Student Affairs, Race Relations
- Another College Student at Risk of Deportation
- Do-It-Yourself Ranking
- 'Commodification of Academic Research'
- Excuses vs. Due Process
- Delaware State Agrees to Settle Title IX Suit
Search for Jobs