Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick is worried about the fairness of a search for the next University of Massachusetts system president, in which the front-runner is apparently Martin Meehan, a former member of Congress who is chancellor of the UMass campus at Lowell, The Boston Globe reported. Two leaders of the university board will defend the search process and try to reassure the governor about the search in a meeting today.
- Quick Takes: Clinton's Science Plans, 'Minimal' Progress at Education Dept., Call for Free Community Colleges, FTC Plans to Probe Lenders, Smith Bars Coke, Educators Seek Release of Scholar in Iran, Colleges That Help Employees Adopt
- New Presidents or Provosts: Briarcliffe College, DeVry U.-Fort Washington, Elizabeth City State U., Housatonic CC, Kent State U., LeTourneau U., Marywood U., Newman U., Ryerson U., U. of Hawaii-Manoa, U. of Massachusetts-Lowell
- Commencement Speakers Announced: Cape Cod CC, Central Michigan, Goshen, Ithaca, Misericordia, Robert Morris, Texas A
- Quick Takes: 3 Delaware State Students Shot, Coach vs. Admissions, B-School Accreditation Plan, Settlement of Battery Charge, More Women at Caltech, Dispute on Possible Sale of Art, St. Ambrose Drops Name of Bishop From Library, Building Boom in Mass.
- Quick Takes: Bailout Plan for Massachusetts Loan Agency, Controversial President's Memory Book, Criswell President Quits, CUNY Union Opens Debate, Point-Shaving Charges, Cheerleader Rescue, Paying for Baggage, Giving Up on Spelling
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories