States that have adopted the Common Core Standards have taken limited steps so far to connect the high school standards to college curriculums or higher education admissions requirements, says a report today from the Center on Education Policy. "Just seven states plan to align first-year undergraduate core curriculum with the standards, while 26 states did not know if this change would be implemented, and three said it would not," says the report.
- Great(er) Expectations
- Pushing and Pulling Higher Ed to Common Core Standards
- Colleges and the Common Core
- Essay calls for college leaders to defend the Common Core
- Common Core curriculum for K-12 could have far-reaching effects on higher education
- Community college students struggle to meet low academic standards, study finds
- Higher education urged to play more of a role in Common Core
- 'College Prep' Without 'College' or 'Prep'
Search for Jobs