Rick O'Donnell, a controversial adviser to the University of Texas Board of Regents -- seen as promoting the ideas of Governor Rick Perry, a Republican -- is no longer employed by the system, the Associated Press reported. O'Donnell blamed senior officials at the system office and the flagship campus at Austin for obstructing research he was doing on whether faculty members spend enough time teaching.
- Wrong Kind of Accountability?
- U of Texas political tensions to come to a head in legislative hearings this spring
- Is U. of Texas at Austin president being forced out?
- Politics as Usual?
- Reign of the Politician-Chancellor
- U. of Texas at Austin leader won't be forced out immediately
- The Fix That Wasn't In
- Calling Out 'Coasters' or Name-Calling?
Search for Jobs