St. Francis Xavier University, a Roman Catholic university in Nova Scotia, is reviewing the automatic designation of the area's bishop as chancellor of the university, The Chronicle Herald reported. The chancellor's position includes both ceremonial duties and membership on the governing board. Such arrangements are common at many Catholic institutions, but students have been calling for an end to the tradition, noting that it excludes women and non-Catholics from consideration for the position of chancellor.
- Quick Takes: Irvine Stops Accepting Transfer Payments, Fisk Art Deal Again Challenged, The Senior Student Market, Lourdes Criticized for Gay Club, Faculty Strike at Acadia, Reform in India
- Striving for Catholic Solidarity
- Essay on future direction of Catholic colleges
- New presidents or provosts: Alexandria Appalachian Concorde F&M Notre Dame (Md.) St. Benedict SFXU SLU
- Students, Faith, Catholic Colleges
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories