Susan Su, the president of Tri-Valley University, has been indicted by a federal grand jury on charges that the institution was a sham university operated as a front to help non-Americans obtain U.S. visas, The San Francisco Chronicle reported. Authorities said that Su accepted funds -- allegedly for tuition -- in return for visa assistance, not for education.
- US 'Sham University' Creates Problems in India- and Raises Questions about Internationalization
- Quick Takes: U.S. Proposes Fee Hike for Foreign Students, Calif. Students Protest Budget Cuts, Clarence Thomas Invite Roils UGA, $60 Million for Undergraduate Science, B-School Turnover, Terrorism Charges Dropped Against Buffalo Professor, Yale Art Furor
- Standards for Agents - and Colleges
- International educators discuss problem of fraud
- International students complain about the quality of education at an unaccredited California institution
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories