Maddie Poshard has turned down a full scholarship to attend Southern Illinois University, where her father is the president, The Chicago Tribune reported. Her decision -- a reversal -- follows a Tribune article raising questions about a public university giving a merit scholarship to a close relative of the president.
- Southern Illinois President Cleared of Plagiarism
- Plagiarism and the President
- Quick Takes: Congress Passes Aid Bill, $113M for Berkeley Endowed Chairs, Plagiarism Review at SIU, Adjuncts Charge Age Bias, Donor Relationship Probed, Stem Cell Battle, Protest Disrupts Regents, QB Charged With Murder, Extra Arm, Governor Spellings?
- Quick Takes: DuPage President Ousted, Race and Educational Attainment in Canada, Ala. Judge Reinstates Fired Community College President, College of Lake County to Arm Police
- Quick Takes: Santa Fe Seeks State Takeover, Lavish Tutoring for Athletes, Attack on Wrong Target, Obama's Pick Is Faust Reject, Fraternity Tragedies, Oakland U. Sued on Dorm Access, More Students Skip Thanksgiving Break, '08 Election Adds to Latke Debate
- Quick Takes: Katrina Forces New Orleans Colleges to Evacuate, Study Finds Law Profs Are Liberal, Complete Aid Packages at William
- Southern Illinois Chancellor Forced Out
- Quick Takes: Governors Praise Rules Clarification, Checklist for Cross-Border Programs, Anger Over Georgetown Appointment, Division at Lake County, Adjunct Union at Marymount Manhattan, Deer and Lawyers on the Attack
Search for Jobs